General Healthcare - G-C
Courtyard is a large, central, and highly visible space in a medical complex that is typically adjacent to a dining area.
Settings that encourage informal social exchanges improve communication between patients and providers, which can reduce stress and foster the healing process.
Elements, Attributes, and User Experience
- Chipman tables and Chipman chairs offer a place for informal dining, conversation, and respite.
- Reeder illuminated sign provides campus-wide wayfinding and identification of available settings to ease navigation.
- Collect litter provides attractive options to conceal and recycle waste.
- A tree canopy and umbrellas provide the option for filtered shade in selected areas.
- A water feature creates a calming central design element to help provoke conversation and reduce stress and anxiety for healthcare workers, visitors, and patients.
- Mingle seating and Shade umbrellas support eating, drinking, and informal exchanges.
- Outdoor charging stations adjacent to tables, chairs and benches provide convenient access to power and USB charging.