Education - T6
Touchdown is a place that supports brief periods of work between other activities.
Learning environments should facilitate a continuous educational process, which occurs inside, outside and in between classrooms.
Elements, Attributes, and User Experience
- Touchdowns may be adjacent to a Plaza or strategically placed throughout the campus.
- MultipliCITY tables and MultipliCITY benches are grouped to support social and collaborative interactions in order to enable continuous learning outside of the classroom. In addition to generous seating and work areas, table ends allow for ADA access.
- GO OutdoorTables and Chipman stools provide students a perching platform and large work surface for extended group study while also offering power for their mobile devices.
- MultipliCITY path lighting adds ambiance while increasing security and defining space.
- Reeder illuminated signage provides campus-wide wayfinding and identification of available settings which eases navigation.
- A row of Sorella planters create a sense of place and offer a habitat for flowers which engage visual and olfactory senses.
- TUUCI umbrellas offer shade from the sun and reduce glare on electronic devices enabling use of educational tools beyond the classroom.
- MultipliCITY litters provide attractive options to conceal and recycle waste.
- Peripheral plantscaping creates a softened boundary and sense of place.
- MultipliCITY bike racks support campus transit by providing secure bike storage. A utility surface crowns the top and offers a place for personal items while placing bikes in a secure position.
- Outdoor charging stations adjacent to tables and benches provide convenient access to power and USB charging.