Best in Class Light:
Celebrating a year of
2021 is turning out to be a great year for Landscape Forms’ lighting product design and engineering teams with multiple awards received for the Motive lighting family and Typology Collection. The organizations that recognized Landscape Forms noted its excellence in design, ecology, and product innovation. “It’s an honor to be recognized at this level,” said Chief Creative Officer Kirt Martin. “Landscape Forms prides itself in being design-led and people-centric in everything we do. These recognitions serve as motivation for us to continually improve and provide value at the highest levels of the industries we serve.”
The Motive floor lamp creates intimate, artistic settings and signals destination points.
The Motive family of lights blurs the line between indoor and outdoor lighting to create out-of-the-ordinary settings. Designed by Justin Champaign, Motive celebrates the beauty of illumination and its interaction with architecture, objects, and space. It includes an area, path, wall-mounted, pendant, and outdoor floor lamp. Motive was recognized with the:
- Green Good Design from The Chicago Athenaeum Award winner
- Landezine International Landscape Award winner
Motive's neutral sculptural form addresses an array of applications for buildings and grounds, pathways, social spaces, and high-profile areas such as art installations and entrances
The Typology Collection adds dynamic new dimensions to any site, enveloping the visitor in an immersive experience. Sculptural elements play in both the vertical and horizontal planes to draw the eyes skyward then back to earth with signature design features. Designed in collaboration with Designworks, a BMW Group company, the seating and lighting system includes ring, stick, and path lights. The Collection was awarded the:
- Architizer A+ Product Award in Product Innovation finalist
- Core 77 Design Award runner-up
A concrete mantel encases the stainless-steel core of the Typology path light to provide a premium feel, exceptional durability and strong continuity in design.
Typology lights also received numerous recognitions, including:
- Metropolis Planet Positive Award in Outdoor Lighting, winner
- Architizer A+ Product Award in Exterior Lighting finalist
- Architectural SSL Product Innovation Award in Outdoor Lighting winner
- Architectural Record’s Product of the Year Award in Outdoor Lighting winner
- Architect’s Newspaper 2021 Best of Products Award in Outdoor Lighting winner
- Architectural Products’ Product Innovation Award in Lighting/Electrical Exterior winner
Typology stick lights break from lighting tradition such that the pole itself is one solid source of light.
“Landscape Forms continues to be recognized for groundbreaking luminaire design,” said Landscape Forms Lighting President Jordan Agustin. “We strive to go beyond the object and design new ways for people to experience light and for our clients to create moments of delight through lighting. It’s wonderful for our designers and design partners to the recognized across the design profession.”