We are going through
an evolution in healthcare.
Today's healthcare industry is driven to advance patient health, create an increasingly humanized patient experience, and invigorate caregivers all
while fostering a sound medical practice. As a part of this progressive, more comprehensive model of care, Landscape Forms provides the inspiration and tools to help activate healing space - outdoors.
The medical industry is faced with provocative reasons to better support patients, visitors, and caregivers. Hospitals are realizing that reducing stress for patients
and their families can actually lead to faster healing and higher satisfaction with their care. Similarly, reducing stress for staff can make them happier and lead to better treatment.
An increased focus on
physician-patient-hospital relations is
calling for better communication through increasingly human-centered design.
Read More >>
Leverage the Restorative Power of Nature
Connect patients, staff, and visitors with natural light, fresh air, and nature in order to nuture healing, provide moments of respite, and establlish a healthy mind-body balance.
Reduce stress and foster the healing process by offering settings that encourage informal social exchanges in order to improve communication between patients and providers.
Create settings that reinforce a sense of belonging and orientation within a space to reduce stress and assist in navigating unfamiliar surroundings.
At Landscape Forms, we believe integrating the healing process with nature has rejuvenating benefits beyond what can easily be measured.
An effectively designed outdoor environment can extend provisions beyond facility walls to create a better overall experience for patients, service providers and visitors. Landscape Forms
has created a series of application thought starters for healthcare comprised of elements from our portfolio of site furnishing, architectural, technology, and lighting solutions.
By applying these strategies to activate outdoor healing enviroments, healthcare facility planners, designers, and landscape architects can effectively enrich
the overall care model.
Be inspired. Browse our application thought starters as you explore innovative, meaningful, and solutions based approaches to activating
outdoor environments. Let our ideas spark your imagination to create uniquely empowering, engaging, and rejuvenating experiences outside.
General Healthcare - G-C
Courtyard is a large, central, and highly visible space in a medical complex that is typically adjacent to a dining area.
Settings that encourage informal social exchanges improve communication between patients and providers, which can reduce stress and foster the healing process.
Elements, Attributes, and User Experience
- Chipman tables and Chipman chairs offer a place for informal dining, conversation, and respite.
- Reeder illuminated sign provides campus-wide wayfinding and identification of available settings to ease navigation.
- Collect litter provides attractive options to conceal and recycle waste.
- A tree canopy and umbrellas provide the option for filtered shade in selected areas.
- A water feature creates a calming central design element to help provoke conversation and reduce stress and anxiety for healthcare workers, visitors, and patients.
- Mingle seating and Shade umbrellas support eating, drinking, and informal exchanges.
- Outdoor charging stations adjacent to tables, chairs and benches provide convenient access to power and USB charging.
Site Installations - Healthcare
UCSF Cardiovascular Center
San Francisco, CA
Ellis Fischel Healing Garden